Snapshot: Oceania Node
The Oceania Node of the GlobalSoilMap is a partnership for the soil information revolution for a better world.
Click here to download the Oceania Node Flyer.
OCEANIA NODE OF THE GLOBALSOILMAP PROJECT IS:
- part of a world−leading project producing the first detailed, 3−D digital map of the world’s soils
- changing the way we measure and model our land and soil
- generating fine−scale soil attributes (like soil moisture, nutrients, depth) for land and soil management and policy
- connected with regional and national soil mapping initiatives and systems in New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia and the Pacific nations.
WHY IS SOIL SO IMPORTANT?
Soil is the land’s living skin, important for:
- life─home to billions of living organisms
- food production and nutrition
- climate and energy
- sustainable water resources
- health and safety.
OCEANIA NODE PARTNERS:
CSIRO, the University of Sydney, Landcare Research New Zealand, the Indonesian Center for Agricultural Land Resources Research and Development, the Secretariat of the Pacific Community, and the Australian Collaborative Land Evaluation Program (ACLEP).